Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Hull's Gultch

Another beautiful spring evening spent outside.  We just loved the weather that we couldn't pass up a quick hike up Hull's Gultch. 

I about fell over, into all the sage brush, when I saw this....this just does not happen, like ever!  My heart melted and I thought for a few minutes that they really do like each other!


But then I got busted taking the picture, and Carter had to show that he really wasn't that sappy and pushed his sister over into the sage brush.  Yes, yes...it all was a grand illusion for just a few wonderful minutes.  But none the less I captured it and I do truly know they love each other!


We sat and watched this wood chuck for a good 15 minutes.  They kids got a good kick out of him.  He was pretty interested in us too.  


Then we found some water and played in that for a bit. 


And then the real prize came when Carter and Glen spotted a little tiny lizard.  The hunt was on!  Carter really wanted to capture one and bring it home but luckily they were too quick for him!  Next time.


We always end our trips on that side of the valley with some Fancy Freeze!  It just tops off the night to have a yummy shake or ice cream cone and nothing beats Fancy Freeze!

No comments: