Thursday, August 22, 2013

4th Grade Rendezvous

Carter studied a lot about Utah history throughout his 4th grade year.  The one big event they geared up for throughout the year was the big 4th Grade Rendezvous.
It really was so cool.  
They had about 8 different stations that the kids went from with their little pioneer families.  

It looks like this was the scone eating table.....YUMMY!!!


They have some "real time" mountain men that they hire to come put it on.  Even complete with horses that they get to take a turn riding.


Carter did pretty awesome at the axe throw.  


Mom worked at the rope tying station.  Good think I had some help from a fellow mom, rope tying can be confusing!!



Carter's teacher Ms. Witherspoon (in the red hat) took her turn at firing off the loud cannon gun thing! She really is the best teacher!!!  We will miss her!







4 comments:

Jenny Moore said...

I miss those kind of events. Emmy did something similar in Idaho!
I want some of those scones, yummy!

CB said...

We do 4th grade rendezvous in Idaho too. Always a highlight!!

Kendi it was great to run into you today and finally meet you for real - even though when I saw you it just felt like I already knew you (and I guess I kinda do - ha ha)!

CB said...

P.S. I have a different family blog now that isn't quite so public it is www.bakowbabbletoo.blogspot.com
It's not private but maybe you could delete this comment after you read it. :-D

I still blog on the other one too but more churchy and/or spiritual stuff.

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

We love the good 'ol west. Scones are my favorite thing with lots of honey, yum, yum. Rope tying never was one of my strengths. You're a brave mom.