Tuesday, July 09, 2013

February Breakthroughs

Much of January was spent in a yucky smoggy mess.  That poor air quality and inversion gets old!
I think it was waiting for February to come.  What do you know Feb. 1st we some some sun and those beautiful snow capped mountains.  It was a glorious day!!



Maggie is a great companion to have at home.  She's never far behind me.  Her and I learned how to work around each other with out stepping on each other.  Crafting, coloring, and drawing seem to be one of her favorites.


One day while visiting Old Navy she ran into her "very best friend" (as she worded it).  She asked for a picture and whispered something in her ear and we left.  
Shortly after getting home and thinking about the friend I decided I can see why she would be Maggie's good friend.  She doesn't talk back to her, she listens with a smile, and she's always there for her when we visit!  She's a smart girl. 


On this particular morning, as carpool came to pick up my kids, I just felt a overall grateful feeling. Grateful that I am able to send my kids off to school.  Able to dress them in warm clothes and have food to make them lunches.  Grateful that I have friends that I can trust to take turns driving them to and from school.  Grateful that I feel safe in a community with a school that I trust and feel good about sending them to.  
I am really not sure why it hit me on this particular morning in  February, but I had to document my feelings with this picture so that I can always remember to be happy and thankful for ALL these wonderful things I have and Glen and I can provide for our family.  


3 comments:

Jenny Moore said...

I love Maggie's friend...super cute!!!

Gygi Family said...

BRRR! It was a cold winter! We LOVE our carpool!!!!

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Very touching sentiments of a loving, grateful mom.