Thursday, April 04, 2013

Christmas Holiday Part 1

This Christmas will be one that I will NEVER forgot.  The memories as I write this are still hard yet so rewarding.  Let's see if I can make it through this with dry eyes.
 
About a month before Christmas my Grandma Mary decided she wanted to come to Utah to spend the holidays with us.  This is something we "knew" was valuable and made sure that we would do whatever it took to get her to us at her request.  She is not in the best health and really desires not to get out much at all little lone the winter months along with a flight to see us. 
We all jumped at the chance though!
My dad graciously went to most of the work to get her packed and on the plane.  That is a feet in and of itself!  Good guy, that one!
My brother also flew in from Seattle and it was so great to all be together.  Always a good time when he's around. 
 
We spent Christmas Eve out at Grandma's favorite, Red Lobster. Treat was on her. It was a fun evening. I really did score with this family!  Love them all. 

 

 

The next morning the excitement continued.  Lots of fun presents and smiles all around. 
My parents and Grandma came over and had a breakfast casserole with us.  My Grandma just loves to watch the kids open their presents.  They love having her there to watch too.




This bathrobes were the hit for both of the girls.  Bess especially loves hers and wears it just about every night.  Grandma Berger sure knows how to spoil! 


4 comments:

Steve said...

Love the cozy bathrobes!!
Can I borrow them? It's cold and rainy today!!!
I'm so glad that you got to spend time with your grandma...what a neat memory.

Jenny Moore said...

That was Jenny, not Steve!

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Christmas is always great when there is family around. So nice that you could get grandma there. Time goes by so quickly. Make the most while you can. Those robes are very cozy looking.
Love to all.
Mike/Dad/Grandpa

Anonymous said...

I would love a copy of that pic of Grandma and us! even though I am large and in charge in it!

Megan