Saturday, August 13, 2016

Fit One Half Marathon

A group of friends and I decided to train for the Fit One Half Marathon.  I think the training runs were my very favorite.  I love running on the greenbelt.  It's so beautiful and relaxing.  
This part is my very favorite or I should say when I retire and my kids are gone I wan to retire to this spot! 



Everyone has their own dock out to the pond and in the early morning there is a little fog over the water and it just looks like something straight out of the fairytale books!


But for now my yard/house will do.  One morning we ended at my house and this was the beautiful scenery.  I'll take it!


Morning of the race came and I was extra spoiled by a friend that made me a little gift basket.  I was super excited to try these energy Jelly Bellys!


Love these ladies!  We had a great time training together.  Great conversation and they pushed me!  I needed to be pushed!


This is only the second half marathon that I have run but it was SOOOO much harder!  I absolutely disliked the course.....it was rough for me!
My stomach really started to bug me around mile 6 and it was hard goings from there. Seeing this train depot hill was intimidating so close to the end of the race!


But I did it!  I made it and was happy to get home to recover and relax.  Only 1....or maybe 2? more to go and I'll hang up my half marathon medals for life!

No comments: