Thursday, November 06, 2014

Date With My Boy

So depressing how mean parents really can be!  Sad day for Carter!



One night after football practice I whispered to Carter, so no one else would hear, "hurry and go shower and let's go get some frozen yogurt."
He was very quick and off we went.  I was starting to feel a little bad about his depression of realizing he really wasn't going to get a bearded dragon till he is out of our house and living on his own.  I saw that the local yogurt shop, Aspen Leaf, was having a $4 all you can fill night. I thought it would be a perfect time to make amends and get some alone time with Carter.
We had a good time talking and being with each other, or at least I did!  Carter is my child that is most like me.  Poor kid! He just gets me and I get him!  Love his humor and love even more that is he is still okay with hanging with his mean ol' mom!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh that sign made me laugh so hard!! I feel your pain, Aidan is on me constantly for more critters- and always something of the lizard type. We are always butting heads because I will never give in. Now a friend has a chinchilla and he thinks I'll go along with that- NO WAY!
Regina