Friday, October 17, 2014

You Had a Birthday!

Maggie turned 4! Even though she promises me that she won't grow up she keeps getting big.  She told me the other day that when she turns 5 she wants to have a certain something for her birthday (I don't remember what it was).  I told her "I thought you told me you weren't going to grow up anymore after you turned 4?" With tears in her eyes she said, "ok, I won't turn 8".  
This is the little girl that constantly questions me about where she will live when she gets bigger and asks if I can ask the builder to build a house by hers.  "Will you still be my mom when you are a grandma?"  
She's definitely my baby and it makes it really hard to watch her grow up.  We have a good little bond and I only hope that she forever wants me to be "her neighbor".

Her birthday fell on Sunday so we celebrated the day before.  
Since she got her bike stolen at the park she really needed a new one and she was so fickle on exactly which one she wanted we just took her to the store to hand pick it right there!
Of course the princess is always a winner out!


Later that night we let her pick what restaurant that she wanted to eat at.  I think she had a little coaxing from her siblings but she chose Texas Roadhouse.

She loved have the birthday song sang to her and her free whip cream or I mean ice cream treat!



Never a dull moment with her!


The next morning she woke up so excited that she again got to be celebrated on her REAL day!



She got lots of phone calls, facetime, and sung to at primary!  She felt very special. 


Yeah for her new scooter from Grandma!  She road it around the house for a good hour in her birthday suit! 


That night we had rainbow cupcakes down at the park.  Both her requests!  She had her very special friends there and opened a few more gifts.  It was a great day!

I love this picture of her blowing out her candles.  I would like to say I wonder what she was wishing for but she didn't keep it much of a secret for long.....Disneyland.....dad said, "save your pennies".  


1 comment:

Gygi Family said...

Why must they grow!? I can't believe that she is 4! She is so darling.