Thursday, August 14, 2014

The Yard Gets Landscaped

A couple weeks before we finally got our yard in I decided I really needed to some some real green life around my house.  
We put together these fun plants and pots for the front porch and it really helped us feel like we weren't living in the desserts of Arizona!


First they came in and laid all the sprinklers and started putting in the trees and shrubs.  Did I mention we had to have 21 trees on our lot?  Yea, that wasn't really planned, but I know one day, in like 10 years, we will be SO happy to have all those beautiful shading trees.


The trampoline is in the ground, YAH!!!!


More trees and shrubs up front. 



Glen was so awesome.  He loved the workers that our landscaper had working for him.  He loved going out and razzing them and speaking spanish with them.
One day he promised the guys that he would make them a BBQ lunch. And he did!  He and the kids sat outside visiting with them over burgers off the grill.  I heard lots and lots of laughing! Mostly out of the workers...I wonder what Glen was telling them?  The kids and I will never know, I guess we better learn some spanish!


We compromised on the curbing by putting in the back for Glen and leaving the front without for me!  WIN/WIN!


The grass is finally in!  We were so excited to see this, that I could't even get out of the car to take the picture!



It's so pretty to look out there and see green grass instead of dusty dirt.  I am pretty happy about it.


How could you not be with an awesome view like this?! 

Glen is doing the gas fire pit on his own.  He's doing a great job!

We had to stay off the grass for 2 weeks.  When we could finally get on it we all ran and ran and did cartwheels.  A yard is the best!


No comments: