Saturday, June 26, 2010

Carter's Turn

Carter left for Montana on Wednesday. He couldn't be more excited. He's dreamed about this trip since Bess went this last winter. This kid would pick Montana over Disneyland any day. We've already heard some great stories that include him snaring a gopher (ground hog).


Bess is quite enjoying her "alone" time. She loves any kind of extra pampering she can get and daddy sure knows how to deliver. She's a true girl!
She's very very very excited for her new little sister to come, however I think she might have a rude awakening when she realizes she now has someone else she has to share time with.
Just 9 days!
Glen has been going through some major nesting. Yes you heard me right, Glen! Actually we both have been going through it however his projects are making a mess and my instincts are dying to make everything clean. I finally made him give me a day that he would have his stuff done so I could start on my own. We'll see if he keeps to his time line.
Actually he exhausts me. His projects are really huge projects and he just keeps going from one to another without even slowing down. I wish I had that energy!

As for summer, we've managed to keep ourselves busy. Between swimming lessons, zoo visits, snow cones, park dates, going to the movies, BBQ's, climbing trees, and breaking up fights it's been good! The heat has become a little unbearable for this old lady but I really can't complain because up until the last week or so I had it nice. I'll just have to handle these swollen feet for 9 more days!

7 comments:

Jenny Moore said...

Wow...busy!!
I'm glad the heat hasn't hit with full force for you...only 9 days left, so exciting!

Regina said...

I am so excited for you Kendi!! I'm glad Carter is enjoying his time out here- Montana is the best! Will be checking in to hear "boy or girl!" (Do you know already? Did you say so and I missed it? :)

Take care!

Maude said...

Sounds like Carter is having great fun. It's so nice that Grandma Lana can fly with the grandchildren for such special times.

I agree with you on Glen's energy level for home-improvement projects. He's crazy! He's accomplished major things, and is pretty much self-taught. I'm sure you'll be glad when he finishes, but just remember how many wives would think they'd died and gone to heaven to have a husband like him!

Thanks for the cute photos of the kids. Bess is indeed the charmer, whom we love a lot. You too, Carter!

Love you,
Mom/Gram

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

We're counting the days with you Kendi. I thought when you said Glen was "nesting" he was going to make a place for baby. It won't be long now and we'll be waiting for that call.

Much love,

Mike

Anonymous said...

Oh Wow! I need to call you and see how you are doing. It is really getting to the end! I'm glad Carter has some Montana time. I agree - Montana over Disney any day! I'm glad Bess is getting pampered too. Glen does has the home improvement craze - he's definately tearing up the nest... or building it! I'm sure it will end up looking amazing!
Love,
Melecia

Paul and Joni said...

I had a friend who's dad went "project crazy" for about 15 years and the house never looked normal...I'm pretty sure you guys aren't capable of that...but I'm sure its tough having the patience until its done. Can't wait for another niece to come.

Paul and Joni said...

I bet Carter is having the time of his life. I can't wait for your kiddos to finally meet Ellie soon!

JONI